Mental and Physical Well-being
Work in Well-being
Emer has a strong track record working in the area of Well-being including
- 4 years as a Trainer with AWARE delivering their Beat the Blues programme in schools
- 2 years as a Trainer with AWARE delivering their 6 week Life Skills Cognitive Behaviour Therapy programme at community level.
- Currently a Well-being Tutor with Lifestyle Drogheda delivering a programme in physical and mental wellness to over 50 adults every week (Wednesday mornings 10-12am in Ballsgrove Boxing Club, Drogheda)
- currently a Wellness Education Tutor with Capacitar Ireland
- designed and delivered many Personal Development and Community Development Programmes with mental and physical well-being components to a range of groups around the country
- developed her own Emotional Intelligence Training which she has delivered to many organisations including ALONE, The Irish Cancer Society and The Irish Wheelchair Association to foster individual and team well-being skills.
- delivered talks on Well-being at several community seminars
Her training includes:
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Zestlife
- AWARE -5
- Certificate in Wellness Education, Capacitar Ireland
- Assist Suicide Prevention Training, HSE
- Landmark Education Curriculum for Living and Introduction Leaders Programme
- Graduate Diploma in Adult and Community Education
- MSc in Education and Training Management
- Chloe Goodchild’s Naked Voice Facilitator Training
- Advanced Shamanic Studies, Dunderry Park
- Kim Rosen’s Poetry Depths Mystery School
- Art and Conflict Training course in Forum Theatre
- Joli Bertoli’s Art and Young People and Mandalas Visual Arts course
- Youth Leader training, Foroige
- Child Protection training, Foroige
Approach to Well-being
From the experience of dealing with difficult challenges early in her own life, Emer has always been interested in what supports and enables us face and learn from difficulty, and grow wiser in the process so we are constantly deepening our own Well-being.
Two of her favourite quotations are:
- No problem can be solved from the same mindset that created it – Einstein
- None of life’s significant problems can ever be solved, they can only be outgrown – Jung
To nourish her own well-being (or Well of Being), Emer has explored many pathways and wisdom lineages including:
- Voice work
- Shintaido and Tai Chi movement
- Poetry and Creative Writing
- Drama and Forum Theatre
- Visual Arts
- 5 Rhythms Dance (Gabrielle Roth)
- Sound Healing
She has also done many other workshops with Nicholas Twilley, Tantra Maat Masashi Minagawa and Gabrielle Roth.
Anyone can attend the Tai Chi Well-being class co-facilitated by Emer every Wednesday morning 10-12am in Ballsgrove Boxing Club Drogheda €4.00.
Emer is available to organise and run Well-being workshops and progammes particularly in the areas of Stress Management, Self-Care and Emotional Intelligence.